Emmett Short Course Training
An ideal introduction to the EMMETT Technique is the EMM-Tech Short course (8 hours) and is open to all. All EMMETT releases included in this course can be used immediately on yourself, friends, family and clients to assist in pain relief.
You will learn how to recognise when areas of the body are too tight and how to release the tension in 11 muscles in the legs, shoulders, back and neck. The results from these moves are usually immediate – you will be able to see and feel the changes for yourself and after a short demonstration and practise you will be able to achieve the same kind of results for yourself and others.
The course is registered as a CPD training with several with several professional bodies and will depend on which professional body you have membership of. You can contact your own association and enquire whether you will be allowed to claim CPD.
Currently Emmett Therapies UK are aware that CPD points are awarded by the following associations;
- CThA and FHT
- Body Control Pilates (20)
- The Association of Reflexologists
- The General Chiropractic Council (8)
- BTPA (non Bowen CPD)
A certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the 8 hours course.
The course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in releasing their own muscle tensions or helping others release theirs. No previous body work experience is necessary – you may be;
- a carer wanting to help an elderly relative ease their pain and discomfort
- a mother wanting a first aid kit of easy muscle releases to help their children with day to day aches and pains of growing up
- an amateur sport enthusiast needing to release their own aching muscles
- an exercise professional such as a personal trainer or Pilates instructor wanting to help your clients extend their range of movement
- a therapist or health professional already and want an introduction to the Emmett Technique Practitioner Course picking up some extra releases for your tool kit in the process
Training Dates 2016
Sunday 2nd April 2017, Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
Sunday 23rd April 2017, Bradford
Sunday 21st May 2017, Edinburgh